There is almost no one on the planet who’s never heard of the word “cancer.” So many lives, hopes, families, and goals have been lost as a result of this dreadful disease. Even though we try our hardest to eat well and be healthy, this disease has established a stronghold in our unhealthy lifestyles. While there are more effective and advanced methods for detecting, treating, and curing cancer today, the number of individuals affected by this terrible disease is, unfortunately, on the rise.
Oncology is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. This field of healthcare aims to prevent cancer by teaching people about the need of taking precautions, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and supporting people in reducing their exposure to risk factors such as cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, pollution, as well as other forms of hazards (cancer-causing agents).
Visit Dr. Mehta’s Hospital in Chennai for a complete consultation and oncology check-up with a specialist oncologist.
Our way of life, no matter how progressive, is a complex of harmful habits, bad behaviors, and much more. And most of these factors only increase the chances of developing cancer. For instance, we are all aware that smoking is one of the leading causes of cancer, and many of us continue to practice this harmful behavior.
Some of the most common reasons for cancer germination and development are:
- Tobacco: Smoking or chewing tobacco directly damages the lungs, mouth, larynx, esophagus, bladder, throat, liver, kidney, stomach, rectum, colon, and cervix, and also heightens the chances for acute myeloid leukemia.
- Alcohol: Alcohol clubbed with the habit of using tobacco, is beyond lethal and induces a high chance of cancer.
- Obesity: Obesity can lead to cancer of the breast, colon, rectum, endometrium, esophagus, kidney, pancreas, and gallbladder.
- Age: Old age holds a high potential for cancerous cells to house the body.
- Cancer-Causing Substances: Certain alterations to genes may also induce a high risk of cancer.
- Infectious Agents: Agents like onco-viruses, bacteria, and parasites, can cause cancer.
- Immunosuppression: A weak or damaged immune mechanism may also lead to threats of cancer.
Some of the most common types of cancer are:
- Breast cancer
- Cervix cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Lung cancer
- Colon & Rectal cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Brain cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Liver cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Skin cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Bone cancer
- Blood cancer
Clinical oncology is a branch of medicine that focuses on preventing cancer, diagnosis, and treatment. The department provides comprehensive care for both adults and children with all types of malignancies. Patients are also given nutritional guidance and, if necessary, rehabilitative treatments. At Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals, you’ll discover the best oncologists in Chennai.
- Medical: Chemotherapy, laser surgery, immunotherapy, and hormone therapy are all used to treat cancer.
- Surgical: Focuses on the treatment of cancer with surgery.
- Radiation: Focuses on the treatment of cancer with radiation.
- Breast Cancer Treatment
- Cervix Cancer Treatment
- Head & Neck Cancer Treatment
- Ovarian Cancer Treatment
- Lung Cancer Treatment
- Colon and Rectal Cancer Treatment
- Neuro Treatment
- Thoracic Treatment
- Gastrointestinal Treatment
- Bone & Musculoskeletal Treatment
- Adolescent and young adult (AYA)
- Pain & Palliative
Why choose Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals?
In times when quality healthcare is the prime need of the hour, Dr.Mehta’s Hospitals’ state-of-the-art healthcare infrastructure and expert panel of doctors, clinicians, and technicians ensure that every patient is given undivided attention. Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals provides a comprehensive range of healthcare services and has a wide team of highly skilled healthcare experts and medical infrastructure capable of disease diagnosis and cure from beginning to finish. Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals’ oncology department is a well-equipped and skilled team of doctors and practitioners that provides cancer treatment to critical patients. Dr. Mehta’s Healthcare has enhanced the healthcare revolution in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and across India. Visit Dr. Mehta’s – the best hospital in Chennai – for the most efficient and effective cancer treatment.