The department of Gastrointestinal (GI) Surgery is a core component of the Division of General Surgery at Dr Mehta’s Hospitals, Led by Padmashree Prof Dr M Ahmed Ali, MS, MNAMS, MCH.
The department of GI Surgery is dedicated to providing comprehensive surgical care for patients with basic and complex gastrointestinal diseases. Patients are referred to our surgeons from across the Southern India for management of a variety of benign and malignant GI disorders via open and laparoscopic approaches like
- Repair of primary, recurrent, and complex abdominal wall hernias
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease, hiatal hernias and achalasia
- Gall Bladder disease
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Enterocutaneous fistula
- Anorectal disease including rectal prolapse, incontinence
- Cancers and benign conditions of the esophagus, liver, spleen, bile ducts, pancreas, stomach and gallbladder.
Dr Mehta’s Hospital is a high volume center for GI surgery with excellent operative outcomes. Most surgeries are performed laparoscopically using minimally invasive techniques.