The laparoscopic surgery approach is designed to reduce post-operative discomfort and improve recovery period while providing physicians with a better vision field. In the last two decades, numerous surgical subspecialties have adopted this type of surgery, including gastrointestinal surgery (including bariatric operations for morbid obesity), gynaecologic surgery, and urology, due to improved patient results. The method has been shown to reduce post-operative morbidities such as wound infections and incisional hernias (particularly in morbidly obese patients) in numerous prospective randomized controlled trials and is currently considered safe when used in surgery for tumours such as colon cancer. To have a general and laparoscopic surgery, Visit Dr. Mehta’s Hospital.
About General and Laparoscopic Surgery:
The importance and awareness about this department has increased dramatically during the last two decades.
Laparoscopy not only unveils new possibilities in healthcare, especially in the surgical sector but also brings in a host of advantages over open procedures, such as:
- Minimize the need for blood transfusions by reducing the risk of haemorrhaging with minimally invasive surgery.
- Smaller incisions help to prevent post-operative discomfort, speed healing, and scarring.
- With the procedure’s difficulty, the length of stay in the hospital is reduced, and in most cases, same-day discharge is possible.
- Infection risk is reduced since major organs are less exposed to germs.
- Since this kind of surgery for adults is widely approved, its immediate effects on children’s health are disputed.
General surgeons treat medical disorders affecting the gastrointestinal tract, breasts, thyroid, hernia, hydrocele and piles through consultation and surgery. Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals’ best general surgeons regularly interact with other doctors involved in each patient’s care to diagnose and treat severe problems in a timely manner. Also, Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals’ Specialist Surgeons are well-equipped to perform both simple and major surgeries.
Laparoscopic, is a modern surgical procedure that uses making a small incision (typically 0.5 cm – 1.5 cm) in the body and performing operations through this one. Kidney stones, hernias (inguinal, umbilical, ventral), appendicitis, and gastrointestinal and colon tumours are among the conditions treated at Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals. It is a minimally invasive procedure that allows you to recover to your regular life faster with a shorter recovery period.
At Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals, we feel that patients and their families deserve high-quality healthcare from a renowned hospital.
Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals General Surgery Department offers the following services:
- Hernia Surgery
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Appendix Removal Surgery
Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals is the best hospital in Chennai offering a wide range of services.
The department provides the following services:
- Outpatient Consultation
- Abscess Incision And Drainage
- Minor Procedures- Skin Lesion Excision
- Tru-Cut Biopsy
General Surgery procedures
- Laparoscopic procedures
- Laser Surgeries
- Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Umbilical Hernia Repair
- Apr Colectomy
- Haemorrhoidectomy (Stapled And Thd)
- Lateral Sphincterotomy For Anal Fissures
- Anal Fistulectomy
- Breast Lump Excision
- Excision Of Soft Tissue Swelling
- Perforated Ulcer Repair – Laparoscopic/General Surgery
- Lymph Node Biopsies
- Submandibular Gland Excision
- Modified Radical Mastectomy
- Varicose Veins Surgery – Stripping, Perforator Ligation, Sclerotherapy, Endovenous Laser Therapy.
- Pancreatic Pseudocyst Drainage – Cyst Gastrostomy/Cyst Jejunostomy (Laparoscopic And Open)
- Inpatient Admission For Procedures And Services
- Day Care Service
- Intensive Care Unit
Why choose Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals?
Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals is a rapidly growing brand in healthcare, noted for innovative and advanced treatment in various medical departments. Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals, is always looking for new ways to create new standards with modern infrastructure and innovation-driven healthcare services. Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals has drastically catalysed the healthcare revolution across Chennai, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, with more innovative work in health care. Our skilled doctors and surgeons are continually breaking new ground in the field of precision diagnostics. When it comes to high-quality healthcare and proper diagnostics, Dr. Mehta’s is a sign of excellence. Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals has a broad team of highly-skilled doctors and medical infrastructure capable of end-to-end disease diagnosis and cure, and a comprehensive variety of healthcare services.