The Intensive Care Unit at Dr. Mehta’s Hospitals, Chennai, is a multidisciplinary unit that caters to critically ill patients, the spectrum of which varies from Acute Medical & Surgical illnesses of different specialties to immediate post-OP care, Cardiac toxicology, and critical trauma cases. Our ICU includes isolation rooms for infectious/communicable disease care and is fully equipped with a multitude of dialysis units and ventilators. It aims to provide comprehensive care to all patients at affordable prices without compromising quality in care and strengthening to its vision as a Center of Excellence in Intensive Care.
This is ensured by a team of highly dedicated full-time Intensivists working round the clock with utmost commitment. They are significantly skilled and work in close coordination with Consultants of different super specialties across the fields of Medicine and surgery. A team of fully dedicated nurses witha nurse-patient ratio of 1:1 is committed to take care of not just the acute care but also the psychosocial aspects that surround the critically ill.
Our medical snd surgical ICU manages a broad range spectrum inclusive post-operative care across
- Headed by Senior Neuro Surgeon and Senior Neurologists.
- Managed by Neuro Internsivist.
- 24 Hours Head injury and Trauma Care with our specially trained staff.
- Specialised trained staffs in Neuro-Surgical Critical Care.
- State-of-the-art equipment to track Brain & Neurologic Function.
- Sophisticated Monitoring of Brain Processes and Orientation.
- Our Cardiac ICU caters 24×7 Cardiac Care for all cardiac illnesses especially heart attach
- Taken care of by two senior cardiologists
- 24×7 echo scan available with the cardiology ICU.
- Invasive monitoring of Cardiac Functions within the cardiology ICU.
- State of the art defibrillator equipment – an a kind monitor
- Backed by 24 x 7 medical gastro Department
- Senior Gastroenterologists
- Complex endoscopic procedures performed
- Surgical gastro facility
- Senior Surgical Gastroenterologists
- Caters 24 x 7 Pulmonology Care
- Advanced interventional bronchoscopy procedures performed
- State of the art ventilators for each bed at the pulmonology ICU
- 24 x 7 X-ray Facility
- Interventional pulmonologist with experience in advance interventional procedures
- Caters 24 x 7 Nephrology Care
- Caters a wide range of kidney disease
- High standard Nephrology Care by our senior Nephrologists
- State-Of-The-Art Dialysis Machine specially dedicated for Nephrology ICU
The Critical Care Team strives to promote superior quality of care and work towards its betterment with a vision of providing affordable but uncompromising health care to patients. The unit has amongst the best clinical outcomes, with strict infection control practice, low net mortality, readmission rates and critical care length of stay.
Standards we follow are at par with international standards with special emphasis upon infection control procedure protocols like UAP, Myocardial Infarction, DUT, and Sepsis.