The department of Gastrointestinal (GI) Surgery is a core component of the Division of General Surgery at Dr Mehta’s Hospitals, Led by Padmashree Prof Dr M Ahmed Ali, MS, MNAMS, MCH.
The department of GI Surgery is dedicated to providing Best Gastroenterologist in Chennai & Top Gastro Surgeons comprehensive surgical care for patients with basic and complex gastrointestinal diseases. Patients are referred to our surgeons from across the Southern India for management of a variety of benign and malignant GI disorders via open and laparoscopic approaches like
- Repair of primary, recurrent, and complex abdominal wall hernias
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease, hiatal hernias and achalasia
- Gall Bladder disease
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Enterocutaneous fistula
- Anorectal disease including rectal prolapse, incontinence
- Cancers and benign conditions of the esophagus, liver, spleen, bile ducts, pancreas, stomach and gallbladder.
Dr Mehta’s Hospital is a Best Gastroenterologist in Chennai with high volume center for GI surgery with excellent operative outcomes. Most surgeries are performed laparoscopically using minimally invasive techniques.