The Preganant Woman Needs More Calcium , Iron & Protein
Most pregnane woman can meet these increased nutritional needs by choosing a diet include a verity of healthy foods a simple way ensure you are a getting all the necessary nutrients is to eat different foods from each of the food group of everyday.
Each food group has something to offer your body.
- Grains are a good source ofenergy.
- Fruits and vegetables are packed with antioxidants, fiber, and water-soluble and fat-solublevitamins.
- Meats, nuts, and legumes provide your body with protein, folate, andiron.
- Dairy products are great source of calcium and vitaminD.
Protein is critical for ensuring the proper growth of fetal tissue, including the brain. It also helps with breast and uterine tissue growth during pregnancy.Protein rich foods.
- Lean beef andpork
Calcium helps build your baby’s bones and regulates your body’s use of fluids.Pregnant women need at least three servings of calcium per day.
Folate,alsoknownasfolicacid,playsanimportantpartinreducingtheriskof neural tube defects. These are major birth defects that affect the baby’s brain and spinalcord,
- Dried beans andlentils
- Nuts and peanutbutter
- Dark green leafyvegetables
Ironworkswithsodium,potassium,andwatertoincreasebloodflow.Thishelps ensure that enough oxygen is supplied to both you and yourbaby.
- Dark green, LeafyVegetables
- Enriched breads orcereals
- Lean beef andpoultry
- At least three servings of protein perday
- Six or more servings of whole grains perday
- Five or more servings of fruits and vegetables perday
- Three or more servings of dairy products perday
- Foods with essential fats and Prenatalvitamins
- Alcohol and Excessivecaffeine
- Raw meats and seafood and High-mercuryfish
- Uncooked processed meats and Unpasteurizeddairy