- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment (CGA) of Elderly
- Management of Falls
- Urinary Incontinence
- Critical illness
35 years (Total) & 20 years in Geriatric Medicine
- Risk factors for falls in elderly in the Journal of Indian Academy of Geriatrics (JIAG) vol.1, No.2. September 2005.
- Assessment of Gait Speed in elderly in JIAG 2007
- A study of Serum Prolactin in reduced Bone mineral density in Elderly in JIAG Mar2016
- Evaluation of hyponatremia in hospitalised elderly in SJAMS May 2018
- Observational study of depression among elderly patients in SJAMS December 2018
- Correlation between Cognitive decline and Frailty Syndrome in Elderly in JIAG 2021
Authored in various books – Text book on Geriatric Care by O.P.Sharma, Text book of Geriatrics by IAG, and Text book on Geriatrics by IGNOU and contributed chapters on:
- Syncope in Elderly
- Health promotion of the elderly
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Issues in Geriatric care
- Quality and planning of care for elderly
- How are Elderly different
- Genitourinary problems of Elderly
Awards and Achievements:
- Best paper award for the study on “Risk Factors for osteoporosis in elderly” in November 2005 at GERICON held at Trivandrum.
- Delivered oration on “Syncope in elderly” in Gericon2012 at Jodhpur.
- Delivered Trivandrum oration on “Assessment and Prevention of Falls in elderly” in Indian Ageing congress November 2016 at New Delhi
- Delivered the IAG presidential oration on “Challenges of managing the very old” in GERICON 2017 at AIIMS, New Delhi in November 2017
- Delivered the presidential oration on “Ageing and Gait” in GERICON 2018 at Kota, Rajasthan in December 2018.
- Received the Award of Appreciation – MAYAN AWARD in January 2019 from MAYAN VISTA INDIA COMMUNICATIONS for contribution to the field of Geriatrics
- Received the “Best Performance Award” from Dept. of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Tamil Nadu in 2019
- Received the “Award of Excellence” from senior citizens Beaurau (SCB) in 2019
- Received the “Award of Appreciation” from the NGO – “HelpAge India” on 1st October 2019
- Co–Principal Investigator for the National Level Multicentric study on Diagnostic Assessment of Dementia, a substudy of “Longitudinal Aging Study in India” (LASI – DAD) at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Fellowship and membership:
- Past President of Indian Academy of Geriatrics (IAG)
- Member of Association of Gerontology of India (AGI)
- Member of Geriatric Society of India (GSI)
- Member of Indian Menopause society (IMS)
- Executive Committee Member of Chennai Menopause society (CMS)
- Advisory committee member in SCARF, Chennai